Monday, January 25, 2010


This poster is for a program at the school, called LCI's Student Nutrition Program. The main idea I had for this poster was to introduce the global poverty statistics versus the poverty of Mimico, New Toronto, And Longbranch. [Lakeshore Area]. The globe is a vector tracing of a map. I had to do several re-do's of the map because I'm such a perfectionist. I'm not 100% happy with the finished product, but happier with this than the previous attempts. The colour scheme was chosen to go with the other posters that were done besides this one, as the assignment called for a strand of 3. I do admit the percentages and contenent names are very non descriptive, I could have added more, but it was just such a long project, that I had enough. The inteded message of this poster is "Yes, there is a whole world of problems, but lets start in our own backyard first." It's not my BEST work, but I do consider it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment