Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Object Assignment ~ Chef's Knife



I tried my hardest to replicate the knife. Both in the tracing, and the freehand drawing. The thing is, with the freehand, I wanted it to be a little more abstract but also looking quite comparable. I am really happy with how it turned out. It took a while, and many trial and error processes, but the finished product came out better than I had expected.

The trace came out amazingly. I am especially happy with the little details on the blade, and the shadows. That came out much better than I would have thought. The tip of it reminds me of a blimp, which I'm not too happy about, but what can you do?

For both remakes, I used the pen tool. On the freehand, I used the pen tool to make the outline and the little details. The handle, I used the fill tool, and just used black. On the traced version, I started with an entire outline of the knife-which wasn't easy- and then filled in the blade, on a second layer. on the third layer, I did all the details, which include the logos, numbers, and the steel shadows. Doing the details were just SO fun... On the last layer, I did a shadow of the blade, not too noticable but noticable enough. For both the shadow, and the blade, I had just used the fill tool, agian with black.

No comments:

Post a Comment